Added Panorama and Bookmarks as forum views

Two new buttons

I’ve added two new buttons which appear in the forum to help usability, productivity, navigation and exploration: Bookmarks and Panorama.

Panorama

This is a Kanban view you can use on the main page or while viewing any category. When clicked, it will create columns of topics by category. If clicked while viewing a category with no subcategories, it will create columns of topics by tag.

For our forum, I’ve named this kanban view Panorama, which feels more inviting and self-explanatory than calling it Board or Kanban.

A kanban board is a helpful tool used for project management. Cards representing tasks move from left to right across colums to symbolize their status. I believe we can create a similar overarching narrative in our forum, an idea I’ve expanded on here. For example, a topic could start in Proposals but then be moved into Workshop or Needs respectively to show that it has been taken on as work, or that it would need additional resources in order to be taken on.

For now, the initial usefulness of the kanban view is giving a birds-eye view of things – something which our previous Categories view wasn’t doing well (and feels redundant now that we have the category sidebar).