Artist Dashboard

Hi Peter,

Melissa has provided that in links above I think. In addition, we should shout out to Matt Keenan for the original metadata master list. Since then of course a lot has happened with DDEX, OMI and indeed the prospect of third party metadata services and aggregators, but the basics of what we need for streaming are pretty stable.

Meanwhile the DDEX ERN standard seems the de-facto taxonomy from which we could pick a basic subset.

Yes, definitely driven by relaunch strategy and timing and constraints on skills and funding available. It’s the exec team that decides, I’m only invited as an analyst / supporter (You are too of course!)

1 Like

Yes we didn’t talk about anything beyond say February, involving the integration with lable / distributor partners and third party metadata providers, which is more complex to deliver…

I’d love to find out more about what you and Merida are doing with Envoke when we get a chance to come up for air. It would be great to talk about some of the longer term vision, especially around verifiable decentralised registration of rights.

News about VUT is very interesting. Is there any interested in more open-source music metadata taxonomies and discovery services?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. Can discuss when we catch up next. :slight_smile:

@peter yes it would be great to meet up and talk about this as part of the prep for the new epic.
On ‘open source’ I was referring to this stuff:

… I got excited about that - as a noob / non-musician outsider in the world of music industry metadata. But I don’t know anyone / anything about the status of those projects and initiatives? To me they seemed to be more approachable and dev-friendly than the dominant DDEX standards, protocols and models.