Books (About Music/Audio/Music Production)

Starting a topic, because I’m cheeky, basically. I have no idea where this one belongs other than general and I wanted to share this with our community.
I’ve been working on this book since 2016, and the pre-order link is now live. I hope that people in the group find this interesting, and perhaps useful. The book is a series of interviews with women who are audio/recording engineers and music producers (like myself.)

https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781493065066/Conversations-with-Women-in-Music-Production-The-Interviews
If anyone is a member of an educational institution and would like to connect about obtaining copies for their institution, or if you would like a copy as a member of press, please let me know.

I hope that this thread opens up a pathway for others who like to read/write to share books they have read on music, the making of music, recording, audio etc.

Ok. Back into hermit mode.
Thanks,
K>M>

9 Likes

This is a terrific topic to embrace for a book, looking forward to it it must have been a lot of work. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

So very HAPPY for you that you were able to complete this project and find it coming into the world!!

1 Like

It believe me it has been… deep in editorial land now. Release date is set for June 2022.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll have to fill you in on the details at some point… some one tried to burry my research, and that some one is no longer at the publishers…

1 Like

Looking forward to reading this ! Is there a way to pre-order or somehow show support if I would like to get it as an e-book ?

1 Like

Hi CPacaud,
Yes the link above is a pre-order link. I’d be most grateful for any support. Feel free to share the link if you know of other communities who might have interest. I’ll also hopefully do a little traveling, ie events to support the book when its released in June, so if people are interested I would be happy to know where I should be planning to visit.
:slight_smile:
Thanks so much for the interest and support!

Oh yeah, I had seen the link, but your book is only available as paperback right now, right? Unless I missed an e-book option somewhere on that page…? That’s why I was asking.

1 Like

Oh gosh! My apologies, I misunderstood your question. I didn’t realize that there’s not a pre-order option yet for digital versions. I’ll have to ask my publishers! I dont know if they have that set up with Amazon or some other service. There might be a way there. Its early days yet, so perhaps there will be more pre-order options in the new year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, no worries. I’ll keep an eye out!

1 Like