Update: Resulting Playlist
Based on discussions here, I went ahead and ordered the Cold Brew Blend from Just Coffee (per recommendation from @Hakanto here), with the very simple goal of drinking the coffee while listening to a Resonate playlist of music from where the coffee came from (in this case, Nicaragua, Colombia, Indonesia - contracts linked below).
Notes about the Coffee
The Flavor and Smell:
“A rich blend with a malty flavor and hints of milk and dark chocolate” - More chocolatey with a hint malt? I did do the cold brew so missed out of the strong hot coffee smell, but the smell of the coffee itself from the bag was definitely a plus.
The Buying Process:
I contacted support to get their recommendations on a cold brew blend, naturally they suggested … their cold brew blend. Unfortunately it still triggered some family member GERD so will have to try another strain / blend.
The Contract Hunt:
Just Coffee makes it very easy to track the contracts regarding the coffee bag via a google sheet on their website.
I’m not a coffee nerd at all. I am addicted to caffeine and have acid reflux, so need a way to mitigate this since trying to quit has failed multiple times.
Managing the Playlist
I was able to use the upload tool to upload a custom image (from unsplash) for my playlist. I also added the tag
coffeequest to my playlist after getting this branch running locally on my machine.
Wins: New coffee, learned a little bit more about Colombia!
Questions: Wondering about the genre tags that they seem a little off for the Spanish-language music.
Genre: despecho, popular
Genre: Dance, tropical
Genre: Mariachi, mariachi-cristiano
Artists - Only one Indonesian artist has tracks on Resonate, the metal band Kekal
Label → The label Hantu Records is on Resonte, is active on instagram and some Indonesian platforms, but has no tracks on Resonate. Would it be possible to reconnect with them to fix their profile?
Places of Improvement
- It would be nice to open-source the upload tool to make it easier to copy+paste some of the playlist management UI to the player site. (I did start here but it would be nice to ‘just’ copy it over)
- Using Stocksy for the playlist image would have been more cooperative-esque.
- There’s only one artist from Indonesia and one from Nicaragua so there was very little choice in what tracks to include from those countries. I don’t know what mechanism there exists to poke the labels in these countries to come back to life.
- playlists are excluded from search, so nobody would find my playlist.
- playlist share meta data could use some work (todo)