Parts of this forum will be opened up to the public as part of the Renewal (previously known as the “relaunch”). See further on that here:
The @community team is proposing to include a curated list of tagged public posts from the #music category in the discover page of the player. This is in addition to all existing content on the discover page (nothing will be removed). For background on the discussion around this, see both
This is the basic flow:
- Posts in #music will be tagged by genre (either by poster or staff).
- Posts in #music will tagged by staff with
featuredtag. This tag will be restricted to use by staff (this is possible in Discourse).
- Posts with both a genre tag and a featured tag will appear in the relevant section of the discover page of the player
There’s a few things to be decided in terms of how and where this content will appear in the player, which are a combination of product and technical questions
- Title of topic
- Poster’s avatar
- Featured image (first image in first post)
- Excerpt of first post in topic: the first paragraph (this is already generated by Discourse)
For an example of what the content might look like see the examples here
A navigation button for the content will be added at the top
The content could appear above or below the staff picks playlist
- Decide on the product aspects of this
- Decide on the rules for curation (i.e. how staff choose posts to feature)
- Finalise designs
- Implement in development
Ideally we want to include v1 of this in the player as part of the “Renewal”.