Cost of admin as a co-op in Ireland

As long as the co-op exists, then Ireland. If the co-op was dissolved we would likely have to close the account. I think Open Collective would be the only way to get money in, but that could be super problematic for all of the services we use which require credit or debit cards. I know Wise has those, but only for individuals and if there’s no legal organization, there’s no account.

1 Like

This, and all Supporter Share values, are claims on surpluses after revenues (and after reserves are established) not ‘debts’. In the case of dissolution, Supporter claims would follow other liabilities as you identified.

I think there’s a detailed illustration of this at the end of the Debenture resolution(?).

This is my estimated figure IF the Irish State claims a tax on all payments to Directors since founding. (They haven’t yet.) Eddie (the Auditor) is reviewing coop financials from 2019 - 2021, filing Annual reports will likely cost less than 2K a year (x3). Then the Co-op owes about 2K in tax, should register for VAT, another 2K, and I’d recommend Eddie working on the 2022 report, another 2K plus a few hundred to reconcile July 22 to present.

So, about 13K (?), plus a contingency for issues with potential Director related tax.

The coop should soon have Eddie’s opinion on any outstanding tax liabilities and timeline for any sums owing, at least over the period he is reviewing.

The current entity could transfer rights to another.

Disclaimer: I’m neither an accountant nor an attorney. My observations are offered as a lay person and do not constitute professional advice.

5 Likes

So I asked Wise and they shared these 2 support pages for info on so-called holding limits:

This page specifies that there are limits to receiving and holding for personal customers in Malaysia or Japan and personal customers with account addresses in Australia and Singapore. Also, for personal and business accounts receiving USD.

That’s it. There shouldn’t be any restrictions on receiving or holding Euro for either personal or business accounts.

This page just says that Wise might ask you for extra info when you receive a large transfer for regulatory reasons.

Not sure if this helps, but you can get a debit card for your Wise Business account now.

Ireland is listed here. However, it might have to be delivered to an address within the country.

But I suppose we still need to be tied to Ireland to make this work, when the goal is to “detach” ourselves from Ireland to reduce our cost of administration.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m seeing this, could you link it?