Infomation is all over the forum and I’m trying to get my head around how the new User API terminology works and what the user experience will be for signup and account management. Using this topic as my main base to collect info and do some writing.
Thinking about user experience in the onboarding flow; simple documentation.
- create list of pages with bulletpoints of content and links in each
- List of what emails go out to users upon signup, instructing them what to do. Sending reminders.
private profile = main account = tied to email address
- the first usergroup you create is a “persona”
- initially, you can only create one persona
- when we migrate, it will automatically set up a persona with your wordpress username
Please do not rewrite all this without me! The spec and explainer deck are available and I would appreciate it if you would join me for a walk through.
A lot of work has been done on these. We have moved home several times and now we are beginning to post user stories in Forum for discussion which is great, but for the moment, the user stories and quite a lot of previous discussion and content is in those materials.
Here’s a new user story post in the Platform Category that focuses more on the joining user experience and what co-op workers need to do to support them:
User and Membership Management - User Stories
Yes please! I started this doc because I’ve been trying to get my head around how all this works – it’s mostly for my own reference at this point. Let’s meet up and sort it out together