Error when logging in as artist: Forbidden - CSRF token invalid

oh ok! No worries!

1 Like

My understanding is that the problem here can’t be recreated on a local machine because of the complicated code stack. Once they can do so, the devs will be able to debug this issue and others more efficiently.

2 Likes

Anybody else having trouble logging in? I updated my artist profile and now it won’t let me login to listen.

I get this error message:

Forbidden - CSRF token invalid

2 Likes

Sadly our history with this issue can be found in the topic below and, up until we change course with the entirely new codestack (an overhaul of the integrality of the platform’s code that’s currently undergoing to switch to a more commonly used language), I’m afraid the problem will remain as we have very little ways to test it locally to do some bug hunting, and since it’ll be replaced soon, the focus is on other things.

Sorry I know it’s not the answer you expected, and we would have loved to be able to fix it!

2 Likes

it’s very disappointing… We’re gonna release a new double album soon and we won’t be able to upload it to Resonate since I can’t access our artists accounts since last September :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

I think for uploading music that might still be possible, right @remst8 ?

1 Like

sure, I guess I could submit via email and not through the online form, but then I still won’t be able to access my accounts and make updates and such

Yes, if your artist account was created before the transition off Wordpress (first week of August 2022), you can email the link to your submission folder to upload@resonate.coop and we’ll upload it.

If your artist account was created after the transition off Wordpress, we can’t upload your music because the Upload Dashboard can only see artist accounts created before then.

Some artists are hesitant to have us upload their music until they can log in to their accounts, which I think is perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

thanks, and indeed my artists accounts (two bands) predate the WP transition. Will submit via email then.

Hi there, I just joined now as an artist and bought some listening credits. I’m having the same issue as initially described above. I can neither log in to use those credits for listening, or upload music.

Is is possible to fix this?

Thanks

Hey @RapidoBear , unfortunately the answer is still the same. Product Development Update, October 2022

Right now the work is mostly done, it just needs to be tested and then approved by folks in leadership. However, we’re in the middle of About to Have Board Elections, as well as a bunch of administrative work that needs clarity and work, so this has taken a bit of a back seat. It’s all being done by volunteers right now, so thank you for bearing with Resonate!

3 Likes

Well, thank you for that honest response. Bit of a rough intro to the platform when one pays for something one then can’t use. But I do understand the situation.

I’ve only just joined so not across the financial situation of the co-op, but hiring a developer to ensure critical functionality such as this should hopefully be a key priority for the board?

3 Likes

Just to let you know that I’ve got caught up in this as well.

Ive never had any problems and I guess that was partly to do with being a member for a while.

Today I ended up on a page where I was being asked to update my profile so I did and then got locked out with the CSRF forbidden message.

I’ve tried to create a new account - but that won’t let me fully log in either.

I’ve read the thread and understand you’re a bit stuck.

I’m partly after access to make the monthly radio show - I can run repeats and maybe mash something up out of old shows - so I’ll get by.

Good luck with the fix.
David

1 Like

Now that @psi is stepping back (and thanks for your work), I really don’t expect this issue to be fixed. It’s been like this since August 2022 now (at least), it’s a big problem not being able to access our artists accounts.
I understand there are problems within the structure of Resonate, and unfortunately it’s affecting the services we were supposed to have and provide.

So hey, if anyone is still around, a year after this thread was started, my situation hasn’t changed a bit, I still can’t log in to my two artist’s accounts. Can’t even delete our previous uploads at this point so if our music is being played, we can’t know, we can’t get paid, we can’t manage it. I had so much hope for this platform.
Artists not being able to access their accounts is not acceptable.

2 Likes