Fundraising Session

That works for me!

1 Like

Is there a specific reason why this meeting isn’t on the Agenda btw? Like, is it a private meeting or something where just the fundraising team should join to keep things functionnal and tidy?

Just posted link in the meeting box on top. https://meet.jit.si/rResonateFundraising

Cryptpad has a good looking Open Collective

2 Likes

Ideas from Wed Jan 12

fundraising project

1. Set up open collective with 20,000 EUR / 23K USD goal by end of February
  2. Resonate Donate page redirects to Open Collective
  3. Jan/Feb: Promote on social media and internally to pitch folks to support resonate, talk about current projects reach goal (timothee’s promo materials? z on socials?); build swarm/ambassadors to independently fundraise

Crew: [tbd]
Advisors: [tbd]

roadmap project

1. Jan, Feb: Specify potential projects and get them estimated by dev team: upload tool, website
  2. Potentially launching first dev project in Feb

Potential dev projects

How to think about specifying dev projects and features in iterations

Dashboard 1: Polishing UX, handoff to artists for self-upload
Dashboard 2: Metadata upgrades via Tracks API 3 upgrade
Dashboard 3: Label Accounts able to login
Dashboard 4: Bulk uploads

Hi all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

In preparation for tomorrow’s meeting, I was wondering if it would be okay if I spent some time making some live edits to the Open Collective page that we could then review during our meeting on Wednesday at 2pm CST.

Normally, I would draft my edits in a doc before making any live changes, but I feel like my work process is at a stage where I need to start going in and setting parameters within Open Collective to communicate my ideas for the page and the crowdfunding campaign appropriately. Also, considering I am under the impression that many people aren’t consistently visiting this page (please correct me if I’m wrong), I believe that if there were any changes that I made that the group didn’t agree with, we could always resort to the previous setup, with minimal risk associated here.

I already have the appropriate access to do this work, I just wanted to get the group’s approval before I started making these more tangible changes.

Let me know if you have any questions or clarifications, and you can find more of my work on this topic HERE

Thank you!

2 Likes

this makes sense to me @Sam_Martyn as the appropriate next step. i don’t believe the open collective page is highly trafficked. i’m ok with you making edits directly on the site

3 Likes

Seconded what @brndnkng said

2 Likes

Hi again all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

I just wanted to share some agenda items I had in mind for this Wednesday’s meeting:

• Item 1: Make any edits to the live Open Collective About Section (Don’t want to spend too much time here, so I would prefer if these changes could be noted and shared with me at your convenience).

• Item 2: Discuss & Work to Finalize Donation Tiers (Want to spend most of the time here)

See my initial donation tier suggestions below:

• Item 3: Work on Communications Plan for fundraising campaign (if we have time this meeting, otherwise we can chat more in the forum).

These are just some ideas I had, but I’m open to hearing and talking through others’ thoughts and concerns as well.

I know I am a bit behind on some of this work myself, compared to initial thoughts and fundraising needs, but my goal is to start promoting this fundraising campaign by Monday of next week (1/31). This will give us a full month to hopefully raise enough funds for Resonate to continue operating for the next few months. With that said, whatever we can do here in the forum and during our meeting to help make that a reality, I am excited to work on!

Thank you all for your time and commitment on this!

1 Like

Hi all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

Apologies for the late message, but I just wanted to share some agenda items again that I had in mind for this Wednesday’s meeting:

• Review New Changes to Open Collective Page

• I rearranged a few of the about sections to try and add more engaging info toward the top, so just wanted to gather people’s thoughts (See HERE and reply with any improvements below.)
  • Talk about activating Open Collective’s Twitter integration and test it

• Whenever we have a new contributor that has provided a twitter username, a tweet will be automatically sent from our connected account.
  • Review and Finalize Communications Plan: Resonate Renewal Crowdfunding Campaign**

• Finalize the “pitch” for people to donate to Resonate while we are still building.

• In some of the threads I’ve seen on Twitter, it sounds like some people may be a bit hesitant to support Resonate based on past experiences or the current omissions that Resonate has, which we are currently working to fix. With this said, I think we need to have a standard answer available for these people who may be a little skeptical about supporting Resonate right now.

• Here’s my initial thought:

• Resonate is on a mission to build a fairer music industry for all stakeholders. We’ve come a long way since our founding, but we still have a long way to go to become the platform that we all dream of. With your support today, we will be able to tackle all of the areas of improvement that you have concerns about, and maybe even more. Even if you aren’t ready to support the co-op financially, we would really appreciate it if you could share our campaign with your communities and networks. Thank you.

• Talk about roles and next steps for outreach

These are just some ideas I had, but I’m open to hearing and talking through others’ thoughts and concerns as well.

Looking forward to chatting more soon and kicking things off for the crowdfunding campaign.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Some interesting current data from stripe… looks like progress :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Damn if anyone knows Neil Young and Joni’s adress so we can send them at least a thank you note for helping with the fundraising and user base.

2 Likes

Or David Crosby?

2 Likes

@Sam_Martyn I just made a test donation using the Open Collective page. Really easy to use and I got a nice thank you email. Have also tweeted about it. Thank you for all your work to make his happen!

4 Likes

Apologies for the delayed response, but that’s great to hear!

I saw your donation come in the other day, so thank you for donating!

I appreciate your kind words, and especially your effort here as well.

Let’s get this campaign out there, and hopefully we can do some great work to help Resonate grow!

3 Likes

Hello,

If anyone’s available to meet at our normal time, I don’t have too much to cover, but wouldn’t mind going over how I/we could best execute the Communications Plan for the Resonate Renewal Crowdfunding Campaign

Here’s an EMAIL TEMPLATE that I drafted up if anyone is looking for a start, otherwise, let’s maybe try to make a list of who could potentially tackle what, and go from there.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,

@richjensen, @brndnkng, and anyone else whom it may concern:

Please see the below Google Drive Folder where you will find the email drafts I have to promote the Resonate Open Collective page to Ampled, UMAW, Open Collective, and All of Resonate’s Current Contacts.

Communication Outreach Email/Message Drafts & Templates

Please let me know your thoughts on these drafts, and once they’re confirmed, I can send the direct messages out via my smykid333@gmail.com email and copy rich, brandon, and whomever else on the emails. For the broadcast email, I would either need access to Resonate’s current email marketing platform, or have someone who has access to it copy, paste, and send the message on behalf of Resonate.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or comments for improvement.

Thanks!

1 Like

Two of these are large donations: Friday Night (GMT)
990 2022-02-12T02:34:00Z
1010 2022-02-11T20:11:00Z

Notes from today’s session:

Sam: Review my drafts I’d like to get them sent.
Rich:Look at timeline (deadline in two weeks - should we adjust message?) :Rich: Stripe amount Month to date (total) = 5390.85
me says:Rich: Would be good to cross check time to posts against twitter messaging.

Sam Martyn:

First impressions about above comments:

• Seemed that more donations came in when we updated our community about our current progress and offered more ways for people to support resonate.

• Potential to keep people updated more frequently moving forward, and continue to showcase our progress and momentum to encourage others to join in and support us as well.

If it is working, Look to also promote the website in addition to open collective campaign.

Sam Martyn says:Potential to have a Q & A session with The Underbelly Hours to Help Resonate Promote Our Fundraising Campaign

Rich: Let’s do it. Anytime after March 1.

Sam Martyn: Potential to Edit the LinkTree Link and Post it on all social acconts
Sam Martyn:Keep Support the Co-op at the Top

Rich: Move Github Link Up Higher
Rich: Sam could you ping Melissa for link to linktree?

Sam will work to create a better plan for linktree formatting and update the linktree accordingly

Rich: Message that there has been success and we are rolling our deadline back to March 31…
me says:^suggest
Sam: wait to the weekend before
Sam’s Timeline Suggestion:

• To Public Until 2/26
  • To Public On 2/26 = there has been success and we are rolling our deadline back to March 31…
  • To people who we want to promote the fundraising campaigns: No Timeline
    Sam Martyn says:- To Public Until 2/26 = Keep March 1st deadline
    :“Thank you to everyone who has contributed”
    :“You have allowed us to continue the campaign”

Set up draft for broadcast… via Mail chimp.
Rich:Do we have a template to share for supporters to pitch membership?

Sam : Social messaging

Looking for graphics too//

Rich: Anticipate ‘donor doubt’ by Messaging as we build…
Show bugs that got fixed…
for socials…

Actions:
Review Sam drafts
Research social templates…

2 Likes

Hi all,

I unfortunately won’t be able to make this Wednesday’s meeting time, so I wanted to check in here to see if anyone had any time to review the Email Drafts I made (See Folder Link Below).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gpiSDhhQhiY0lZftv67yas3r6dTZLVKe?usp=sharing

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for improvement, and I should be free within the time of 3:30pm - 5:30pm CST this Wednesday, and I should have some free time Thursday & Friday this week as well if you we still need to meet.

Let me know if I can send these emails out this week.

Thank you in advance for your work here!
– Sam

1 Like

hey @Sam_Martyn

thanks for making these! they all look good to go, on my end, i really appreciate the different ways you’ve expressed how people can support our campaign.

there further this message gets out there, the better.

if you have anything you feel needs to be cleared up before sending, feel free to message me. i’m free during 3:30-4:30 CST today so am up for hopping on a quick call if you feel it makes sense?

we can use the same fundraising meeting room.

1 Like