Fundraising Session

Hi all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

I recently started to have more work meetings during our fundraising team meeting time, so I at least won’t be able to make this coming Wednesday’s meeting as well, but my absence here may continue.

With that said, would you all be open to pushing back this meeting time to 2022-03-02T21:30:00Z? We could also just increase our communication within the forum, and go without weekly meetings (maybe only meet at a specific day/time, as needed?), or I am completely fine with you all meeting at our normally scheduled time, and I can just stay in touch via the forum.

Just wanted to give you all a forewarning of my potential future absences due to my schedule change, so please let me know which option works best!

Thank you all for your hard work these past few months!

Hi again all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

I’ve recently found out that my work meetings at this time have been cancelled until further notice, so please disregard my previous message.

Looking forward to talking more about fundraising efforts with anyone who is available 2022-03-02T20:00:00Z

Thanks!

1 Like

k cool. see u a bit later

1 Like

I’m sorry, I have a family commitment this afternoon that will keep me from joining today.

As an update I will offer some feedback from my meeting with a prospective angel in Los Angeles last monday.

It was a good meeting where the angel articulated their interest in the coop’s success as a vehicle for building communities around artists committed to independent paths. I expressed the coop’s immediate interest in securing the means to support a dev team through the rest of the year at approximately 15K eu / month.

Angel desires to circulate coop’s call to action to a circle of collaborators and colleagues (some of the most well known and well resourced independent creative producers on earth). To accomplish this, angel would like a one sheet overview of coop’s vision and and context for funding.

I have notes for a draft that I will post tomorrow.

Other work on my plate:

  • engaging Wise to re-establish the coop’s international transfer account.
  • following up with social media template for ‘artist ambassadors’ to help recruit new members in support of our membership goals. (Artist with +30K followers has committed to share.)
5 Likes

No worries! That is some awesome news!

@brndnkng and I were interested to see any notes you have for the one sheet overview draft, so please add us to the draft you’re working on, if possible. I can also work to put some things together myself based off what you already have.

It sounds like you definitely have a good chunk of things to do, so I can continue to focus on fundraising initiatives as it relates to our previous plans with the crowdfunding campaign.

Ampled was planning to highlight our campaign in their March newsletter and was wondering if we could give them a list of overlapping community members between Ampled & Resonate, if you have any info here.

Also, Caroline Woolard from Open Collective wanted to meet with us to discuss Resonate. brandon and I tentatively scheduled a meeting with Caroline on March 18th, at 8am CST, so feel free to also jump on this call, otherwise just brandon and I can chat with Caroline, or we can look to reschedule if you’re busy but would like to attend.

All good things going on now, so thank you everyone for your hard work and dedication to these initiatives!

Sincerely,
– Sam

3 Likes

Looking forward to chatting more at 3pm cst today, if anyone’s available.

I have a few more promo opportunity updates to share, and would definitely want to dive into the one-pager for any potential angels to review.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Sam… I’ll be able to check in with you briefly.

Okay, thanks.

If it would be easier for everyone, I could also just make a longer post in this thread to update everyone and talk about potential next steps in here.

Happy to do what works best for people, while also being able to keep the conversation going, so just let me know.

Thanks!

Running Fundraising Notes

Notes to March 23 Session:

@richjensen , @Sam_Martyn, @brndnkng on the call.

Set up agenda and workspace on cryptpad.

Looking at Opencollective draft to Caroline and follow-up. Try to get draft out March 24. (See link to Notes for current draft).

Rich aks Sam about serving as coordinator for the Fund-raising team, recognizing that he (and brandon) may not have capacity right now to keep the sessions and notes moving forward. Sam accepts. (!) Mentions that he may not be able to set up the session next week.

Rich observes that donations are down this week.

Sam asks why that is. brandon points out that response seems connected to social media outreach and that has been down a bit.

brandon point out that Sam could help with that work. should get the log-in codes.

Sam asks whether posts need to be reviewed before posting. brandon says Sam is trusted to handle discussions.

(RICH thinking about the conversation around having a social media thread in Forum where noteds can be kept - workers checking in and checking out to pilot the cite. And where pilots can copy posts and discuss messaging strategies.)

brandon shares the new role, interim executive, he was granted by the Board. mentions discussions about new leads needed for worker roles. some funded - some volunteers.

Help Needed/Resonate Roles Write-Up * https://community.resonate.is/t/resonate-roles-write-up/2847

Agenda (March 23rd, 2022):

  • Follow-up Email to Caroline at Open Collective (see draft below)

  • Connect with Mike from Open Collective via email or Slack:

https://opencollective.slack.com/join/shared_invite/zt-xek9a734-56GAr18qSi54n5YYJXZYtg#/shared-invite/email

  • Work on One-Page Pitch Doc for Hop -

     Rich / Ro / Z Working Group - producing both One Pager and Deck
    
      One Page: Investor Pitch -
    
              PEOPLE NEED MUSIC (working title)
    
              Social Power of Music 
    
              How Resonate builds structural transformation with the social power of music
    
              The Resonate Offer to Artists and Listeners
    
              Resonate Operating Plan
    
              Investor Offer 
    
  • Work on Sending Broadcast Email to Resonate Contacts

Melissa has imported contacts into Zoho -

Need to figure out next steps for getting Sam’s Broadcast Email Draft into Zoho to send

  • Work on Letter to Founders

Draft Letter to Caroline Open Collective

​​​​​​​

4 Likes

Hi @richjensen,

Just wanted to check in here to see if there are any more edits for the follow-up email draft to Caroline, or if I can send what you tailored in the cryptpad doc.

Let me know by then end of the day today, if you could, and I can send the email out tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you.

1 Like

Just as a heads up, I should be free to meet today at 2022-03-30T20:00:00Z, if anyone is available.

I may be 15min late if my doctor’s call goes until the full time, but I’ll keep you all posted where I can.

Totally understand if people are busy as well. Either way, just wanted to check-in on the broadcast email, how I can help out more on social media, and how the one-page pitch is coming along for hop.

Thanks!

Just wanted to drop this here incase @richjensen, @brndnkng, @rorororo or anyone else could find this article I found helpful. - If not, all good too! :slight_smile:

Example One-Page Pitch Doc Designs: How to Write a Killer Company One-Pager (With Examples)

It’s a bit lengthy, but I kinda just skimmed the text and examples for ideas.

1 Like

peace everyone,

just sending a reminder about our meeting happening 2022-05-11T16:00:00Z2022-05-11T17:30:00Z

we’ll be discussing and doing prep for ourour membership drive beginning next week Monday May 16th.

hope you’ll be able to join!
@brndnkng

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to meeting in about 20 mins or so, right?

Also, see the below doc for some initial thoughts around membership value and communications for the drive that we started touching on last week.

I’m not the biggest fan of how I worded things here, but just thought I would throw all my thoughts down and we could chop it up together as we go, to find the right wording and flow. Thanks!

2 Likes

peace everyone,

here’s a link to the loose notes from our meeting last week.
https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/view/DLlxe5MFLx9VyFMx9Kj++9SDp6G50iLHBBv-aljvI-A/

i also wanted give everyone an update that our call times have changed to Wednesdays 2022-05-18T17:00:00Z2022-05-18T18:30:00Z → link here → Jitsi Meet (this change in time is also reflected in our calendar)

we’re starting a membership drive this week and will be adding to the document @Sam_Martyn created which is here: Resonate Membership Drive Game Plan - Google Docs providing clarity on the vision and scope of our drive while also creating pathways for people to support.

i’ve also changed the name from “Fundraising Team” to “Fundraising Session” in an attempt to encourage anyone reading this to join. knowing that these meetings are not with a pre-set team per say, but an open space where members can engage. feel like “Fundraising Session” speaks more to this function than “Team” does.

but yeah, please join us this upcoming wednesday if you can make time?

looking forward to connecting!


cc: @Sam_Martyn @richjensen @ode12 @boopboop

2 Likes

Cool. Makes sense. Also, Sessions still need co-ordinators, right? Ideally set in advance (Usually at the prior meeting?) Also, good to maintain rolling notes.

(Big fan of ‘sessions’ as a descriptor of a working event. Connotations of improvised music.)

1 Like

Short session today with @Sam_Martyn @ode12.

Notes

Sam Martyn says:Potential Logo and Branding Files (may be older) - Logo + wordmark, Brand guide, Files

diane e says:dianeliconoclaste@gmail.com

Sam Martyn says:Sam’s Folder for Resonate Logos an Branding - Logos & Branding – Google Drive

Sam Martyn says:membership drive game plan doc: Resonate Membership Drive Game Plan - Google Docs

1 Like

Updated Notes:
@brndnkng @ode12 @Sam_Martyn attending

Sharing social posts with CAKE / Tommy, brandon felt like things were not ready but shared what we have.

Felt like some of the items were too corporate. b focused on messages about joining co-op.

Actions:

  • Move social media to shared google - Sam will move to a google folder.

  • Open topic in Forum with clear instructions for using social media graphics -

  • brandon: going to post on Monday… launch of membership drive… supported by Diane.

Important policy/strategy conversation about accessibility to tools and recognizing different community’s conventions around tool sets.

  • Case in point: Figma as a professional standard presents learning curve for non-expert users. How does Co-op manage to support a plurality of tool sets?

  • Parallels to project management discussion: Zen-hub, Trello, Forum, Github?

Plurality calls out labor/design need to

  • make bridges between tool environments
  • provide education to make tool capacity more accesible
  • manage version control of updates revisions to resources
  • manage editorial policy around plurality v. singularity of voice

Long-term need to establish coordination around communication.

Links from chat

Resonate Membership Drive Game Plan Doc

Session notes

Messaging for Resonate

Figma Images

open access social media folder on google drive/resonate/

Sam Martyn says: can you make comments on cryptpad?

Rich says: You can make comments in documents, not images

me says:Rich to post to Social Media cooker… update discussion

2 Likes

peace everyone,

check out the notes from our meeting today.

present - @Sam_Martyn , @ode12, @brndnkng

action steps: brandon will reach out to Z re: meeting with social media crew to gain clarity on esthetic/logic of making social media posts for resonate

brandon will reach out to CAKE to see if they can meet with us next wednesday at 1pm EST or next friday 1pm EST

brandon will re-share instagram post re: persynal resonate exec announcement friday

Sam will create language for open collective wrap up social media posts and share in the forum for feedback

diane - creating a workspace group for campaigns and social media /in the group (closed?) add ppl. have Z’s outline of what to be mindful of of language delivery, color code(s), time period for people tagged to review (24hrs) before posting publically.

re: linking w/ Z - we need to understand logic moreso than template… we could expand logic… and be comfortable that the intention and care is still there

———————————————
Sam Martyn says:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sOC8FxHoknhKfCZooCz_2GJ97nEYPyoqzTcDYJEQiMw/edit#bookmark=id.8gynwsyxhi2h
Closing Out open Collective Piece potential Wording ^
Forum Organization:
https://community.resonate.is/c/workshop/community/l/latest?board=default

4 Likes

Are we still having these meetings?

I know people’s schedules have been getting busy as of late, and I forgot about the one today, so just wanted to check-in.

I think we’re good without them for now if people are still busy, and we can always just communicate via this thread too if anything comes up.

1 Like