Fundraising Session


If anyone’s available to meet at our normal time, I don’t have too much to cover, but wouldn’t mind going over how I/we could best execute the Communications Plan for the Resonate Renewal Crowdfunding Campaign

Here’s an EMAIL TEMPLATE that I drafted up if anyone is looking for a start, otherwise, let’s maybe try to make a list of who could potentially tackle what, and go from there.

Thank you!

1 Like


@richjensen, @brndnkng, and anyone else whom it may concern:

Please see the below Google Drive Folder where you will find the email drafts I have to promote the Resonate Open Collective page to Ampled, UMAW, Open Collective, and All of Resonate’s Current Contacts.

Communication Outreach Email/Message Drafts & Templates

Please let me know your thoughts on these drafts, and once they’re confirmed, I can send the direct messages out via my email and copy rich, brandon, and whomever else on the emails. For the broadcast email, I would either need access to Resonate’s current email marketing platform, or have someone who has access to it copy, paste, and send the message on behalf of Resonate.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or comments for improvement.


1 Like

Two of these are large donations: Friday Night (GMT)
990 2022-02-12T02:34:00Z
1010 2022-02-11T20:11:00Z

Notes from today’s session:

Sam: Review my drafts I’d like to get them sent.
Rich:Look at timeline (deadline in two weeks - should we adjust message?) :Rich: Stripe amount Month to date (total) = 5390.85
me says:Rich: Would be good to cross check time to posts against twitter messaging.

Sam Martyn:

First impressions about above comments:

  • Seemed that more donations came in when we updated our community about our current progress and offered more ways for people to support resonate.

  • Potential to keep people updated more frequently moving forward, and continue to showcase our progress and momentum to encourage others to join in and support us as well.

If it is working, Look to also promote the website in addition to open collective campaign.

Sam Martyn says:Potential to have a Q & A session with The Underbelly Hours to Help Resonate Promote Our Fundraising Campaign

Rich: Let’s do it. Anytime after March 1.

Sam Martyn: Potential to Edit the LinkTree Link and Post it on all social acconts
Sam Martyn:Keep Support the Co-op at the Top

Rich: Move Github Link Up Higher
Rich: Sam could you ping Melissa for link to linktree?

Sam will work to create a better plan for linktree formatting and update the linktree accordingly

Rich: Message that there has been success and we are rolling our deadline back to March 31…
me says:^suggest
Sam: wait to the weekend before
Sam’s Timeline Suggestion:

  • To Public Until 2/26
  • To Public On 2/26 = there has been success and we are rolling our deadline back to March 31…
  • To people who we want to promote the fundraising campaigns: No Timeline
    Sam Martyn says:- To Public Until 2/26 = Keep March 1st deadline
    :“Thank you to everyone who has contributed”
    :“You have allowed us to continue the campaign”

Set up draft for broadcast… via Mail chimp.
Rich:Do we have a template to share for supporters to pitch membership?

Sam : Social messaging

Looking for graphics too//

Rich: Anticipate ‘donor doubt’ by Messaging as we build…
Show bugs that got fixed…
for socials…

Review Sam drafts
Research social templates…


Hi all,

I unfortunately won’t be able to make this Wednesday’s meeting time, so I wanted to check in here to see if anyone had any time to review the Email Drafts I made (See Folder Link Below).

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for improvement, and I should be free within the time of 3:30pm - 5:30pm CST this Wednesday, and I should have some free time Thursday & Friday this week as well if you we still need to meet.

Let me know if I can send these emails out this week.

Thank you in advance for your work here!
– Sam

1 Like

hey @Sam_Martyn

thanks for making these! they all look good to go, on my end, i really appreciate the different ways you’ve expressed how people can support our campaign.

there further this message gets out there, the better.

if you have anything you feel needs to be cleared up before sending, feel free to message me. i’m free during 3:30-4:30 CST today so am up for hopping on a quick call if you feel it makes sense?

we can use the same fundraising meeting room.

1 Like

Great, thanks @brndnkng.

Actually if you have a few minutes let’s jump on a quick call at 3:30 cst if you don’t mind.

I shouldn’t have too much to cover, but just wanted to touch base on some things before the weekend, if you don’t mind.

If not, no worries, I will keep you all updated here in the forum.

1 Like

Hi all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

I recently started to have more work meetings during our fundraising team meeting time, so I at least won’t be able to make this coming Wednesday’s meeting as well, but my absence here may continue.

With that said, would you all be open to pushing back this meeting time to 2022-03-02T21:30:00Z? We could also just increase our communication within the forum, and go without weekly meetings (maybe only meet at a specific day/time, as needed?), or I am completely fine with you all meeting at our normally scheduled time, and I can just stay in touch via the forum.

Just wanted to give you all a forewarning of my potential future absences due to my schedule change, so please let me know which option works best!

Thank you all for your hard work these past few months!

Hi again all, (@richjensen, @brndnkng, @SueJ, and anyone else)

I’ve recently found out that my work meetings at this time have been cancelled until further notice, so please disregard my previous message.

Looking forward to talking more about fundraising efforts with anyone who is available 2022-03-02T20:00:00Z


1 Like

k cool. see u a bit later

1 Like

I’m sorry, I have a family commitment this afternoon that will keep me from joining today.

As an update I will offer some feedback from my meeting with a prospective angel in Los Angeles last monday.

It was a good meeting where the angel articulated their interest in the coop’s success as a vehicle for building communities around artists committed to independent paths. I expressed the coop’s immediate interest in securing the means to support a dev team through the rest of the year at approximately 15K eu / month.

Angel desires to circulate coop’s call to action to a circle of collaborators and colleagues (some of the most well known and well resourced independent creative producers on earth). To accomplish this, angel would like a one sheet overview of coop’s vision and and context for funding.

I have notes for a draft that I will post tomorrow.

Other work on my plate:

  • engaging Wise to re-establish the coop’s international transfer account.
  • following up with social media template for ‘artist ambassadors’ to help recruit new members in support of our membership goals. (Artist with +30K followers has committed to share.)

No worries! That is some awesome news!

@brndnkng and I were interested to see any notes you have for the one sheet overview draft, so please add us to the draft you’re working on, if possible. I can also work to put some things together myself based off what you already have.

It sounds like you definitely have a good chunk of things to do, so I can continue to focus on fundraising initiatives as it relates to our previous plans with the crowdfunding campaign.

Ampled was planning to highlight our campaign in their March newsletter and was wondering if we could give them a list of overlapping community members between Ampled & Resonate, if you have any info here.

Also, Caroline Woolard from Open Collective wanted to meet with us to discuss Resonate. brandon and I tentatively scheduled a meeting with Caroline on March 18th, at 8am CST, so feel free to also jump on this call, otherwise just brandon and I can chat with Caroline, or we can look to reschedule if you’re busy but would like to attend.

All good things going on now, so thank you everyone for your hard work and dedication to these initiatives!

– Sam


Looking forward to chatting more at 3pm cst today, if anyone’s available.

I have a few more promo opportunity updates to share, and would definitely want to dive into the one-pager for any potential angels to review.



Hey Sam… I’ll be able to check in with you briefly.

Okay, thanks.

If it would be easier for everyone, I could also just make a longer post in this thread to update everyone and talk about potential next steps in here.

Happy to do what works best for people, while also being able to keep the conversation going, so just let me know.


Running Fundraising Notes

Notes to March 23 Session:

@richjensen , @Sam_Martyn, @brndnkng on the call.

Set up agenda and workspace on cryptpad.

Looking at Opencollective draft to Caroline and follow-up. Try to get draft out March 24. (See link to Notes for current draft).

Rich aks Sam about serving as coordinator for the Fund-raising team, recognizing that he (and brandon) may not have capacity right now to keep the sessions and notes moving forward. Sam accepts. (!) Mentions that he may not be able to set up the session next week.

Rich observes that donations are down this week.

Sam asks why that is. brandon points out that response seems connected to social media outreach and that has been down a bit.

brandon point out that Sam could help with that work. should get the log-in codes.

Sam asks whether posts need to be reviewed before posting. brandon says Sam is trusted to handle discussions.

(RICH thinking about the conversation around having a social media thread in Forum where noteds can be kept - workers checking in and checking out to pilot the cite. And where pilots can copy posts and discuss messaging strategies.)

brandon shares the new role, interim executive, he was granted by the Board. mentions discussions about new leads needed for worker roles. some funded - some volunteers.

Help Needed/Resonate Roles Write-Up *

Agenda (March 23rd, 2022):

  • Follow-up Email to Caroline at Open Collective (see draft below)

  • Connect with Mike from Open Collective via email or Slack:

  • Work on One-Page Pitch Doc for Hop -

     Rich / Ro / Z Working Group - producing both One Pager and Deck
      One Page: Investor Pitch -
              PEOPLE NEED MUSIC (working title)
              Social Power of Music 
              How Resonate builds structural transformation with the social power of music
              The Resonate Offer to Artists and Listeners
              Resonate Operating Plan
              Investor Offer 
  • Work on Sending Broadcast Email to Resonate Contacts

Melissa has imported contacts into Zoho -

Need to figure out next steps for getting Sam’s Broadcast Email Draft into Zoho to send

  • Work on Letter to Founders

Draft Letter to Caroline Open Collective



Hi @richjensen,

Just wanted to check in here to see if there are any more edits for the follow-up email draft to Caroline, or if I can send what you tailored in the cryptpad doc.

Let me know by then end of the day today, if you could, and I can send the email out tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you.

1 Like

Just as a heads up, I should be free to meet today at 2022-03-30T20:00:00Z, if anyone is available.

I may be 15min late if my doctor’s call goes until the full time, but I’ll keep you all posted where I can.

Totally understand if people are busy as well. Either way, just wanted to check-in on the broadcast email, how I can help out more on social media, and how the one-page pitch is coming along for hop.


Just wanted to drop this here incase @richjensen, @brndnkng, @rorororo or anyone else could find this article I found helpful. - If not, all good too! :slight_smile:

Example One-Page Pitch Doc Designs: How to Write a Killer Company One-Pager (With Examples)

It’s a bit lengthy, but I kinda just skimmed the text and examples for ideas.

1 Like

peace everyone,

just sending a reminder about our meeting happening 2022-05-11T16:00:00Z2022-05-11T17:30:00Z

we’ll be discussing and doing prep for ourour membership drive beginning next week Monday May 16th.

hope you’ll be able to join!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to meeting in about 20 mins or so, right?

Also, see the below doc for some initial thoughts around membership value and communications for the drive that we started touching on last week.

I’m not the biggest fan of how I worded things here, but just thought I would throw all my thoughts down and we could chop it up together as we go, to find the right wording and flow. Thanks!