A committee launched by the Board on August 17th, 2021.
Description and title updated Sep 16th, to go to the Board for approval.
The regular participation of at least 3 board members is expected. A co-op member may participate by invitation of any board member.
The committee will propose policy agreements that go to Board meetings for approval.
- To identify tasks, roles, accountability processes
- To propose definitions, terms, responsibilities, and review processes for the board’s officer roles
- What is the relationship between hiring and electing roles?
- Explore moving to an Executive Team model and to define the potential relationship between the Board of Directors, Executive Team, and Worker-Members
- To define quorum standards and decision-making processes for the board in synchronous meetings and asynchronous communication.
- To propose a revision of Clause 38 in the Rulebook. Now that the board can have up to 13 directors, this section needs to be reworked.
- To look to the future when directors will be elected directly by membership classes and to explore how to facilitate the transition to that model
- Instituting a regular schedule of Board meetings
- Instituting a regular schedule of general meetings (i.e. of all co-op members)
- Defining lists of responsibilities for executives
- Clarifying some aspects of the legal structure of the cooperative
- Implementing monthly operations and artist accounting workflows in the cooperative, with transparent budgeting and planning
- Revised terms and conditions
Establishment of clear processes and plans to address all of the task items.