The dev team is looking to close out the 1st stage of transition from Wordpress to our own servers.
New repos available on Github.
We are looking for your help with doing so via QA (Quality Assurance) testing on the new site.
Development Site: https://id.resonate.ninja/
- What is QA Testing?
- QA testing is testing out new features on the site before we launch them for the public. It involves making sure all the features of a new software release work as expected and that none of the old features have been broken. You do not need to be a developer to do QA testing
- I want to help, what needs testing?
- If you aren’t a developer the new site will seem the same as the old one (with some minor aesthetic changes). For testing, we need to make sure everything still works properly, so anything you would do normally on resonate, test that you can still do it on the test site
- The only thing that won’t work is actually playing music (please ignore that when you test)
Some suggested steps if you want to help us test:
All testing will be done on the development website
Try using the Login/Logout flow and various tasks associated with your profile (You will need to create a new user for the development site)
- Please test everything in the user profile dropdown menu (e.g. update your account, faq, etc.)
- Please test buying credits – Fake credit card info you should use below:
- Put in fake info for the name, address, etc
- Dummy card numbers you can use
- 4242 4242 4242 4242
- 4000 0027 6000 3184.
Try using the all the header nav locations
Try using all the footer nav options
Play freely with the dev site and make sure it works like the production one
The more eyes we have on the development website the more likely we are to catch bugs so we appreciate anyone who can dedicate some time to this task
I have created a bug template below that you can use.
Steps to report a bug
- Copy the template at the bottom of this post
- Create a new topic on the Platform page
- Set the topic name as
Bug - [Insert quick description of your bug here]
- Paste the template and fill it out as best you can
- Add the following tags to your post
Sample bugs logged:
- Bug - Credit and credit received numbers do not look right
- Bug - After logging in to player the login button does not change to a profile
After you report your bug
- I will review bugs reported M-W-F-Sat
- If I’m able to reproduce the bug
- I will create a a new issue on our GitHub QA Project and work with our devs to get someone to look at it
- Reply that the issue has been reproduced and someone will review
- Update the tag
- If I’m unable to reproduce the bug
- I will ask for more information or follow up with a reply in the topic
Bug Report Template Below: