iOS/Android App

my reply was - if @khadzhimurat wants to volunteer with mobile development, just go for it!

Make a prototype that has login (maybe signup should wait), view tracks in a list, play tracks.

Anything else risks paralysis by analysis.

Deleted my original comment to defer to @jackhajb.

4 Likes

A bare bone prototype would be great.

Login using appropriate grant type. See: id/oauth2.md at develop · resonatecoop/id · GitHub
Display the amount of credits available (can use this api: Swagger UI)
Play a track (can be a free track or truncated)

There’s lot of work to do to improve both the stream api (trackserver) and playback tracking on the frontend. I hope we can make some progress asap.

After the new website and id server launch, we should be able to focus on that.

2 Likes

combined my and @auggod prototype definitions into this new thread

1 Like

Hello, dear friends! My name is Ismail and I’m lead-developer from TeamSESH. We would like to help you in developing your application for both platforms. So yeah, glad to see you made this thread, this is what @khadzhimurat wanted to start this journey. We will make a prototype on figma.com with first 2-3 screens. This is stage #1.

6 Likes

Supp! Working on iOS.

7 Likes

Great! Welcome Ismail! have you found our figma designs?

3 Likes

Team, we would like to start with private repository on github with test bundles for iOS and Android using your figma’s designs. Starting with MVP architecture. And then we will keep discuss about all features

5 Likes

Thank you so much for being here and stepping up, @dalgatalibekov and @IsmailDalgatov.

This is a long time coming. :pray:t4:

3 Likes

What’s the best way to follow up and keep a line of communication going, @khadzhimurat and @IsmailDalgatov?

1 Like

@khadzhimurat @IsmailDalgatov I’ve set up a new category here in the forum for devs who are working on their own projects in the Resonate ecosystem. Use the space to coordinate, share project updates, request help from us – whatever you like.

4 Likes

@Hakanto & @zetto.plus thank you so much! Discord & Telegram the best for communication.

Sorry guys, I got sick and dropped out of work and social networks. Always back to my usual pace

4 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better, @khadzhimurat! No worries at all.

I’ve been told there’s an active Telegram group-chat for devs?

@auggod, @angus, @Hakanto, @brndnkng, @richjensen??? Can you confirm?

If this is true, any way folks who are already on there can open up a chat with @IsmailDalgatov and @khadzhimurat as well?

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely! Can’t believe it slipped my mind. @IsmailDalgatov @khadzhimurat Do you use the same usernames on Telegram?

sent a DM

1 Like

Tagging this here because it’s a related topic. While this work is underway on these native apps, I’ve put this minimal React Native-based app together here: Minimal Stream Phone App

2 Likes

Hello all,

Really glad to see people working on a much needed app. I’m a long time developer ( https://github.com/gsonnenf , https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-sonnenfeld-81b6259 ). I also have connections in the WSDE (worker-self directed enterprise) movement and political community.

Would very much like to see if I can bring any needed talent to the team, or possibly contribute if my expertise is a match and I have the time.

I am glad to see there is a both an native app being developed, as well as a more immediate app hosting the mobile website. Let me know what is needed.

-Greg Sonnenfeld

4 Likes

Welcome Greg!

Others may have better ideas as to where to start. The first two things that come to mind for me though are these issues:

Also, since I’ve shifted this to the backburner while working on the react native mobile app, you could tackle this with SortableJS if you’re feeling inspired:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @piper. Seriously. You’re amazing. :black_heart:

And thank you, @gsonnenf!

2 Likes

Hey @gsonnenf,

Checking in, I know you asked about helping with a mobile app - I wanted to let you know that there is recent movement on a native mobile app in React Native / TypeScript, latest update here.

It’s still very preliminary, but there’s at least enough built to begin to build out Track and Playlist components and begin to set up a few screens, many of which will probably use similar code (but in React Native and not React) to the beam app. Cheers!

2 Likes