Limited Executive Capacity Pending Resource Generation

peace everyone,

i wanted to give an update regarding my capacity moving forward next month. my last payment as an agreement in the contract that we have with Justifay was at the end of December 2022.

i’m currently starting graduate school courses this upcoming week and need to shift how i’ve been spending my time. i’m absolutely not a fan of volunteerism and feel that it’s something that businesses (especially well-meaning ones) tend to exploit. it’s also something that could build resentment once recourses come in and people want compensation for work done under the presumption of volunteering. these aren’t the best set of conditions for fostering a healthy work culture.

with that being said, my involvement within this current period will be more touch and go until Resonate has more consistent funding.

my primary focus during this period is locating funding and applying for grants. currently i don’t have the bandwidth to lead various aspects of this work within a volunteer capacity, given all that i have on my plate and living in one of the most expensive cities in the world (NYC). i want to be transparent and upfront about this with @workers @directors @maintainers so everyone has the heads up.

if anyone else is interested in supporting Resonate in locating funding and applying for grants, please do not hesitate to let me kno! also reach out if you have any questions or would like further clarification.

appreciate y’all

brandon king (all lower case)
he|him
executive, resonate co-op

8 Likes

Thank you, brandon king

I hear you and I feel you… Good luck with your graduate school courses and thank you for all the work you did and will continue doing in the capacity you can affoard.

I’m in a similar situation and I guess most of us are… So I’m sitting here and thinking what should happen next?

We need funding, yes – but how much and what for?
There is so much interests in Resonate – but we don’t have a way to channel it…
There’s so much talk (writing) everywhere, that I’m struggling to keep up and I still don’t understand the whole backstory of what happened so far

From where I’m standing, it looks like we should all take a step back – close shop and begin all new, completely.

I love what @psi and the team did with Beam but how is this helping when we don’t have people to lead the coop or funding to pay the people doing the work.

There’s so much work poured in from everyone and yet we’re barely moving…

I love the idea, I’m here to help, but I don’t want to waste my time.

Quite honestly I’m feeling really frustrated and I only joined a month ago – I can’t believe what all of you must be feeling…

5 Likes

Probably a good idea to set a timeframe on this so we have a sense of when everyone’s limits are reached. (Before initiating wind down.)

2 Likes