New member making music with EMI (electro-magnetic interference)

Hello there.

I’ve been long hoping to join this platform and here I am. I make music as GRST. I am based in Bradford, UK.

Much of my music is based around improvisation, with elements of drone, found sound and acousmatic/music concrete.

The first piece of music I have uploaded, exclusively on resonate, is from an ongoing project called D-EMI. Which stands for Drones & Percussion with Electro-magnetic Interference. In short, the project is a way for me to interact with specific locations and build sounds (especially percussion) that I capture from in-audible spectrum emitted from all electronic devices. There is a longer write-up of this project on my website. All the tools to capture EMI are re-purposed or DIY devices.

So, the release called ‘Neon Wakefield’, is a live cut from a 5-hour performance during an Art Walk across arts/social venues in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. And is in fact the only public Neon Workshop in the UK. I also did a write-up about that performance on my website too.

I plan to release a further un-cut live recording of another performance from the project that was performed at FUSE Art Space in Bradford exclusively on resonate too.

7 Likes

And the track is on the radio show on 17th July and it’s associated playlist. I like it a lot (and I’m also from Bradford, and I know GRST)

4 Likes

Thanks Argent Grub for the support! Yours is a brilliant show on CAMP Radio.

Maybe I should upload another live recording from the project with all the keen support ‘Neon Wakefield’ has recieved?

1 Like

I think you should!

As your tracks are longer than 3mins, you might be interested in the discussion about pricing for longer tracks, shorter tracks, albums etc: Does stream2own work for longform music? + exploring alternatives - #22 by Sam_Martyn

3 Likes