Operating Manual Requirements

Board actions

Motion 5.4, passed at the board meeting held on August 17th, 2021:

Operating Manual requirements according to the Rulebook

(1.xix) “Operating Manual” is the aggregated internal rules, policies and administrative procedures of the Cooperative.

(10) Admission and Expulsion

The Cooperative is open to applications for membership by prospective members in the appropriate class without discrimination. The Board shall maintain in the Operating Manual containing an up-to-date account of:

i. all qualifying contributions agreed by members of each respective class in General Meeting by class resolution, or agreed by members irrespective of class in General Meeting by ordinary resolution,

ii. current level of the membership contribution agreed by members in General Meeting by ordinary resolution,

iii. the administrative process for admission to each membership class as determined by the Board, consistent with the Act and the rules in this Rulebook,

iv. the probationary periods, if any, that apply before the issuance of Shares, as agreed in General Meeting by ordinary resolution,

v. a code of conduct that all members must abide by as members of the Cooperative,

vi. the administrative process for the explusion of a Member, as agreed in General Meeting by Special Resolution.

(11) Subscribing for Supporter Shares

The Cooperative may take applications for the subscription of Supporter Shares by Members provided that the Board has determined it is in the best interests of the Cooperative to issue new Supporter Shares. The exact terms of issuance can be found at Clause 14 and 15. The Board shall maintain in the Operating Manual containing an up-to-date account of:

i. whether the Cooperative is currently issuing new Supporter Shares to interested members and the current maximum number of Supporter Shares which may be issued.

in Section 13:

The Board shall decide the administrative process by which a Member may choose and reassign their Primary Class in the Operating Manual. The Board may determine reasonable cooling-off periods during which a Member may not reassign their Primary Class.

ii. the administrative process by which members can apply for Supporter Shares, as determined by the Board, consistent with the Act and the rules in this Rulebook.

iii. The administrative process by which prospective members can apply for Supporter Shares, as determined by the Board, consistent with the Act and the rules in this Rulebook.

in Section 16:

ii. Every natural and legal person (user, musician, label, customer) who has completed the administrative process(es) outlined in the Operating Manual (and prescribed in Clause 10) for admission to membership by (i) making a qualifying contribution, (ii) paying any necessary membership contribution and/or (iii) making any necessary declaration that they intend to use the cooperative’s platform will be issued a Share in either applicable class (Music-Maker Share or Fan Share).

in Section 20:

A member can choose to terminate their membership at any time, subject to these rules. A non-exhaustive list of such means is listed here for clarity. The administrative processes for withdrawing from membership shall be set out in the Operating Manual.

i. A Collaborator Shareholder may terminate their Collaborator Shares by (i) terminating any contractual relationship they have with the Cooperative,

(ii) resigning any post held under these rules or (iii) declaring an intention to the Board that they no longer wish to contribute non-remunerated labour to the Cooperative.

ii. A Music-Maker or Fan shareholder may relinquish their share(s) by (i) not paying their next annual Membership Contribution and/or (ii) making a declaration to the Board that they no longer wish to use the Cooperative’s platform.

iii. All Collaborator, Music-Maker and/or Fan Shares held by a withdrawing member shall be forfeited.

iv. None of the above alters that Supporter Shares can only be redeemed according to the rules otherwise set out in this Rulebook.

in Section 20:

An instrument appointing a proxy must be in a form approved by the Board and included in the Operating Manual.

in Section 54:

These rules shall be publicly available online at the website of the Cooperative. All Operating Manuals and registers shall be available in printed form as required.

ii. Any member can request, and will be provided with a digital copy of the cooperatives accounts and Operating Manuals. They may request a written copy for the charge of €10 per document collecting from the registered office, or €10 per document plus postage charges.