Product Check-Ins

Stopped by for check-in. Will watch space for next session. Sending most sincere appreciation to @maintainers.

3 Likes

I forgot this was scheduled for today, but also I think these should be permanently put on hold until the board situation gets figured out. Thoughts?

4 Likes

Cancelled it for now. We can pick it back up if/when the board situation is settled.

3 Likes

peace everyone,

the board situation is settled, at least in the interim, our cooperative board is currently legal and stable at least through the next election. (we still need to elect a secretary). former board secretary stepped down because they’re in law school and are not able to be on any boards of this sort for the duration of their matriculation because of conflict of interests. the other board members who put in notices for resignation have paused these motions at least until we sort out if/how we’re going to continue.

with this said, there’s definitely work happening that members should be aware of and we should have a space where members can offer insight in the product we are developing.

we have a lot of value, even in what may be perceived as failure! lol …there’s work in motion right now with our friends in Barcelona regarding defining our DSP. they’ve hired a Product Manager who’s will be walking us through a process of (1.) defining what we want to offer/how we want to achieve it/how we’re going to drive the product and (2.) development - what is the operational definition of service.

i would like for us to reconvene NEXT week Weds Jan 18th. we could have the Product Manager introduce himself to those present at this Product Check-In, he could share what he’s been working on, and we can give feedback based on how we envision our DSP operating, meeting the needs of our membership and community.

for this call i’d encourage everyone who has an interest in helping to define our service/product participate (irrespective of if you have technical/coding skills or not**)

thoughts @workers @maintainers @directors?

5 Likes

I’ll be there

3 Likes

I think I can make it.

2 Likes

On the call… Jitsi Meet

Call notes here Inter-Organizational DSP Sync Up Meeting - #13 by piper

2 Likes

Nearby. Making coffee.

No one else present.