To use the form, you need to be logged in with an artist account on our main site: Log In • Resonate ID, not this Community Forum site. If you wish to post at the Community Forum, you’ll need to create a new forum account.
Whether you are an artist, label, or artist manager, please submit releases while logged in via the Artist Account corresponding to the release. If you are a label, the New Release Submission Form will have a place to note your label.
Before submitting a release:
- Did you complete your artist profile?
- Do you own the rights to this release worldwide?
- Are 100% of the tracks written by you or your band?
- Do you authorize Resonate to use your profile images in social media promotion?
Your submission should be a folder containing the following files, hosted on either Google Drive, Dropbox, or another service which hosts links that do not expire. If you send a private link, one of our Upload Volunteers will request access.
- All audio track files in either FLAC, WAV, or AIFF format. Both 16-bit and 24-bit work for us.
- Square album artwork in JPEG, JPG, or PNG format with minimum dimensions of 1400x1400 pixels. Maximum dimensions are 3000x3000 pixels. Maximum file size is 5 MB.
- Metadata information for your release and for your tracks (see below)
Your metadata must be presented using a spreadsheet and included in your submission folder. We have created a spreadsheet template for you to use – please note that the template has multiple tabs. If you have a metadata spreadsheet which includes all the required information, you may use it instead of our template.
Accepted file types: ODS, XLSX, XLS
- Release Artist
- Release Title
- Release Date - Year is required; Month and Day are optional. Write out the full date: “19th August, 2013”
- Release Composer(s) - List the writers who should be credited for this release
- The number of tracks on the release
- Release Type - Single, EP, or Album
- Each track name
- The filename of each track
- The sequence number of each track
- Performer(s) - List additional performers on the release by their artist names
- Tags(s) - Searchable on the Resonate Player. Format tags as compound words with no special characters or spaces. Example: hiphop, not hip-hop or hip hop
- Description - Maximum 10,000 characters long, including spaces
Current wait time for an upload is 1-3 weeks from submission. We will email you when your release has been uploaded to the Resonate Player.
If your submission was reviewed and found incomplete, we will email you for corrections. If necessary, your corrected submission will be delayed to to fit our schedule.
If you have an upcoming release date, please send us an email about it at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to accommodate it. Please give us two weeks notice.