Volunteer dev

Hi @angus @auggod thanks again for taking the time to introduce me to Resonate. I know we discussed setting up a topic to work on a mobile app in the future, but I am keen to get started helping you out on a volunteer basis.

Can you point me towards the best place for an outsider to help out in the near term? I’m open to anything such as bug fixing on github issues or writing documentation - whatever you feel is most pressing that an outsider can help you with.

Also - I am putting this in ‘player’ as I feel I could add the highest value there fastest but if there is another area you would like help with I am open to anything.

Thanks!

4 Likes

@Hakanto has put his priority tiny issues on gh and marked with “help wanted” > Issues · resonatecoop/stream · GitHub

as a recent new person working through those would highlight any issues with the recently updated readme and would make future dev work w/ a mobile app a bit easer

2 Likes

thanks @boopboop !

Sorry can you please clarify your last statement? Are you suggesting I pay close attention to issues with a recently updated readme associated with the project they are for?

Also - is there a way to get assigned any of these issues so that someone else does not work on the same thing?

2 Likes

no sorry - the readme on the stream repo has been most recently updated (by me), and @Hakanto has most recently added ‘help wanted’ tags to issues on that repo (example). I think he can assign issues as well.

on the uploader repo there’s some good starter tasks too, mostly updating labels and some meatier ones, but those are still in brain-dump format here

2 Likes

Hi @aytrus thank you so much for your help. If there are any issues you’d like to be assigned to, leave a comment on them and I’ll do so.

I’ll be organizing the brain-dump that @boopboop pointed out when I can. I’ve been sick so I’m less available this week.

Did you mean this commit ?

Thanks!

Sorry the uploader link - https://github.com/resonatecoop/uploader seems to be broken for me. Perhaps it is a permissions issue ( ? )

yes, whatever’s on the current development branch should be the most up to date.

If you want to give a shot at staring a prototype iOS app I’d be happy to test it. Like once the foundations are down (auth, stream tracks, payment) then it could be a good starting point for others for their own 3rd party apps

1 Like

@aytrus would this have been useful in orienting you?

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer to test a prototype! I will be sure to let you know of any updates.

2 Likes

Yes that is helpful, thank you!

1 Like

I added a comment here - Make Search icon clickable when main menu is open, closing main menu · Issue #118 · resonatecoop/stream · GitHub

I’ll wait for feedback before proceeding.

Thanks!

2 Likes

bumping this, thus PR has been waiting for a bit:

2 Likes

@piper Hey… you should say hi to @boopboop

1 Like

Hey @boopboop,

I’m interested in volunteering some dev support. I’ve submitted a relatively minor PR here for example, and was looking for more issues to pick up, but noticed most were already assigned. I unfortunately don’t know Go (yet!), but I will keep poking around GitHub to continue getting my toes wetter and learn the code base.

My main experience that might be applicable is in JavaScript, TypeScript, Nodejs, and have done some work with React Native / Expo for mobile (noticed there was some discussion of mobile above). Thanks!

4 Likes

hi @piper - tagged you in some (hopefully both small and actionable) quality of life gh issues that have been mentioned recently.

3 Likes