Forum Governance Charter Meetups (twice every weekend)

Today at 12:00 GMT there will be another session of the Forum Governance Circle at https://meet.jit.si/ResonateCommunity .

The main objective of these sessions is to discuss about the Resonate forum and community, and also about anything related to Resonate and music in general. I will be present until 13:00 GMT. Everyone is welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you Omar! I tidied up the notes a bit to reflect our comments.

B-Side session today Dec 5 at 4pm West Coast US - 2400 GMT.

Today’s B-Side Session open now.

Re governance and democratization, see this governance process based on something that Rich and I worked on in another place… It’s a protocol for any member to make an actionable proposals to the executive or steering teams in the co-op… It is also intended for the executive to provide appropriate transparency on proposals/decisions that are under consideration.

Feel free to adapt if it’s useful…

There are also some charters for Governance Committee (basically keeps the processes of community / co-operative governance running and healthy) and an Audit Committee, which provides the members and the board with a diligent review of financials, ‘human’ audit, compliance and executive performance. I have drafts for these too.

3 Likes

I’ll check out this document, Nick!

1 Like

Awesome, saving a copy to read this weekend!

1 Like

Do you have any proposal for improving the forum? Do you have any doubts about the community or the forum? Would you like to participate in the design of a better community? Then you should attend today’s session of the Forum Governance Circle at https://meet.jit.si/ResonateCommunity that starts at 12:00 GMT.

I will be present until 13:00 GMT. Everyone is welcome!

3 Likes

I just kinda cached up with what was at the forums before I came so I’m just reading this!

3 Likes

I’ll be stopping in at B-Side today! Been doing some brainstorming on proposals to re-organize and improve the forum. I’d love to say hi at A-Side, @onapoli but there’s no way I’m waking up at 6am on a Saturday :sweat_smile: :laughing:

2 Likes

Hahaha why not, rise and shine! :laughing:

2 Likes

I could certainly rise at 6am, but I doubt I could shine :joy:

3 Likes

Excellent! I will probably not be present today but I’m really excited about how the work is advancing. Catch you all next week and in the threads.

1 Like

A proposal for something we work on at B-Side that would have a big impact on the forum:

Create a Welcome Thread.

The forum has never had a dedicated welcome thread – creating one with a key intro statement of the purpose of the forum, what to expect, and how to get started – this would be a big improvement! See this post for reference on what Discourse recommends a good welcome thread looks like: Building a Discourse Community

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that post was very interesting. I think it’s a great idea to create that thread, and maybe also linking new members from there to a series of key threads that are always active, like the Community Calls, Welcome Kit, Bonfire, Open Work Room, etc.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Remember that the Weekly Forum Governance Circle meetings are tomorrow!

2 Likes

See you in 20 mins!

Woohoo!! That’s great!

Today’s A-Side Notes were about documenting the routine a ForGov Meeting Facilitator would take to set up the meeting, make announcements, archive prior session notes and get new session notes ready for the session.

Dec 19 - 12 GMT “A - Side Meeting”

Omar and Rich Present;

Discuss the significance of the Forum Governance Circle (“ForGov Circle”?) in preparations for the AGM voting.

Mention the significance of Documentation - always needed - a good place to point volunteer labor.

Mention need to prepare a list of basic tasks for the role of Facilitator of GovCircle Meetings
Announce one day in advance the time of the session meeting in the Forum thread of the ForGov meetings and in the respective Basecamp Resonte HQ Message thread and Campfire.
Get Notes ready for beginning of meeting
Register into GoogleDocs (where notes are currently held - may change in future - etherpad?)
Copy prior notes as archive
Make sure document is SHARED TO PUBLIC
Rename current copy of notes with current date
Update the ‘Prior Session Notes’ link at the top of the notes
Close Archive copy
Open Chat room for ForGov meeting
Post link to current notes in ForGov meeting chat
[Comment] Notes could be always open for revision, addition and review by any member. Open until the beginning of the next meeting when the notes are archived.

I’ll be there in 5-10 :beers:

1 Like