Organizing the 2022 Annual General Meeting

I think this is fundamental.

Recognizing one’s perpetuation of siloing requires a degree of self-awareness that many lack.

With all the irony intact for taking up space in this thread, I am sorry I have not done more to ‘take myself out of the picture’ more skillfully.

It is at the center of my contribution here.

My intention is to be open to direction in service of the whole.

DMs are open.

Maybe @Hakanto and others feel that this is an irrelevant abstraction that I deploy to escape my responsibility for the harms I have caused.

I am not here to escape responsibility.

I will be accountable to the collective.

In my recent experience, when I reach out to the people that have disagreements with me, or when I make time to enter the public spaces they establish, they refuse to engage or are not available to appear.

I don’t say this aggressively but only in the interest of changing the pattern.

In some cases I have a different sense of the history of the coop over the last four years than others do. I put different problems at the center than those who seem most frustrated with me. In my view What we are doing here, for Whom and Why come before How we go about it.

I think it is crucial that we offer a plan to be a viable streaming business that serves successful professional independent artists.

When I raised this as a business requirement by the manager of the relaunch last year it was ignored. Then in January @melis_tailored and I had to struggle to have it considered as a priority in the alleged road-mapping exercise. Later, in the initial public Kielest session, this key objective would not have been part of the conversation without my contribution. Instead, a narrative about isolation and personal suffering, collectivity versus reliance on heroism, was presented as the central organizing principle.

I share this just to point out that these are disagreements of substance and purpose. And, yes, making this argument again and again takes up a lot of energy. It is hard not to be heard.

I strive to show respect and engagement to those with whom I disagree. I accept that how I suffer, or make liberation and collective joy, from our interaction is a quality of the work.

1 Like

No board meeting minutes have been published in the history of the co-op. How about you start there? Not saying it is personally your fault. You are in a position to change it and it would be a great thing to see happen.

Or you could help with organizing the reports for the AGM.

3 Likes

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

as promised, below you’ll find a blanket agenda for our AGM happening in three days. please feel free to plug in info (resolutions, announcements, reports etc) you may be privy to that we’d need for this engagement. i’m including a link to our previous AGM HERE for reference.

**still figuring out how to make this post a wiki-post to edit. any support on this would be greatly appreciated. in the meantime we can add items below under the item-line it’s meant for. ( @directors , @workers , @psi , @ode12 , @Sam_Martyn @LLK , @remst8 , @tshiunghan @simonfreund )

(Skeleton) Agenda for 2022 AGM

• Agenda
    • i. WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
    • ii. ANNOUNCEMENTS
    • iii. REPORTS
    • iv. RESOLUTIONS
      1. Finances
      1. Governance and Board
      1. Membership Matters
      1. Special Resolutions
    • v. CLOSING ANNOUNCEMENTS

facilitation volunteers
also too, i wanted to give word that i’ve volunteered to support facilitation for our AGM. any additional support would be love b/c i’m not super familiar with the technical language on presenting matters for this meeting (i volunteered last year with support from people who had more experience) it’d be really helpful if we had a volunteer of two support with notes and the technical set-up for this meeting (procuring a meeting link, stewarding the meet.coop space/re: taking stack, mindfulness of adding chat comments verbally)

Technical volunteers

• Need at least two!

Voting volunteers
another aspect that needs support is setting up the async voting post AGM to the forum. (@Hakanto mentioned he could support this if we’re unable to find someone else who has the know how, capacity)

• @psi is down to do this with support.
  • @Hakanto will support

please feel free to chime in with ways you’d be into supporting this meeting (items, announcements, resolutions, or even questions you may have).

appreciate y’all!

6 Likes

I turned the post into a wiki, and also added myself as a volunteer for setting up the voting.

5 Likes

I have set up a meeting via meet.coop the link to join is:

@Hakanto – do you think it’s a good idea to update the RSVP post for the AGM with the meeting link already?

I’m thinking about making a reply on the RSVP thread with some details as well, such as that the microphone will be muted when joining, that people should turn off their cameras, if possible / when not speaking and such things…

4 Likes

Thanks @simonfreund! I’ve added the meeting link to the AGM topic.

Big Blue Button (meet.coop’s service), allows for multiple moderators in a call at the same time. Whoever starts the initial meeting via Resonate’s account will be automatically set as a moderator – with the name “Resonate” (unless changed on the primary meet.coop settings ahead of time). That primary moderator will need to make certain users moderators when they join. Those who will need moderator roles will be:

• whoever is facilitating
  • whoever is technically assisting with the call

During the call, to simplify facilitation and technical requirements, I recommend we use Assembly Fields. I’ll need to be a moderator to set that up.

Here’s a video overview of moderation tools on Big Blue Button. I anticipate we’ll only be using a few of these, especially if using Assembly Fields.

2 Likes

@simonfreund have you talked with meet.coop about boosting capabilities of the call to accommodate more people?

1 Like

@Hakanto – I see. Would you be able to start the initial meeting and hence take over the role of a / the moderator? Or who would be the right person for this task in your eyes?

The link to login is: https://de.meet.coop (the link you sent me seems to be old / does not work)

Concerning the capabilities Wouter writes:

"in our cooperative servers you can have up to 100 people in the room.

And if you are indeed that many, it’s generally wise to agree on some norms for participation:

• only one or a few people activate their webcam (you could even restrict the activation of webcams and limit this to only moderators)

• agree on norms for speaking up, and use the chat or raise hand feature

• use the whiteboard area to present plans, slides, etc, and avoid screensharing (the latter is more intensive)

I’d suggest to ask people to confirm before whether or not they’re participating, that’s useful to get an indication of how many people you can expect. Obviously your meeting will be very different on either end of the extremes in your range.

Another option we have is to rent a dedicated BigBlueButton server. We have two options published on our site. Then again, that requires some setup time and costs we cannot waive."

3 Likes

Yeah I can start the initial meeting

3 Likes

peace y’all

is it possible for us to open the room 30mins before we start tomorrow @simonfreund @Hakanto @remst8 @richjensen @psi ?

last year, i remember we had a prep-call right before to iron out the kinks before our AGM. i’m hoping to be able to do similarly, making sure we have facilitation, moderation, announcements, reports, resolutions, all of the documents that will be presented, accounted for before we begin.

i’m planning on joining the meeting room 30mins before we start. looking forward to seeing/connecting/prepping those who are able to make it!

2022-12-29T13:30:00Z

thank you

brandon

3 Likes

Can do :+1:

5 Likes