Error when logging in as artist: Forbidden - CSRF token invalid

Hi, sorry but I’m still having the same issue :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, we’ll keep looking into it :slight_smile:

Make sure to delete cookies data or use private tab in all future attempts. I have pushed another fix in an attempt to fix this. I can’t reproduce the issue myself with brave browser.

3 Likes

Hi folks, thanks for looking into this. I went in with an incognito window, still getting the CSRF error; as you know csrf stands for cross-site request forgery, it seems for some reason, these accounts are not issued the correct token from one (or more) of your subdomains to finalize login credential handshake. Why does it happen with some accounts and not all? Could it be only accounts that made some customizations to their user account?

3 Likes

I cleared my cookies, still running into the same CSRF error

1 Like

Hey all, please check out this post to get more insight into how development is going and what we’re working on:

Please note specifically paragraph two onward

With @auggod’s departure, this leaves the remaining volunteer @maintainers with a dev stack they cannot successfully and completely build locally (making it nearly impossible to fix things when they break, or to implement new features), in particular the ID server written in Golang. A number of the current live assets exhibit technical debt, meaning they use libraries and packages that are no longer well-supported, making it an uphill battle to maintain and build upon. Also, the transition off of WordPress is not quite complete.

Additionally, the co-op is currently low on funds and can’t afford to hire a developer to contribute full time.

As a result, the current tech stack and setup should be seen as a success as an initial prototype, a proof of concept, which will tide us over until we can eventually create a Minimum Viable Product for Resonate. Expect our current infrastructure to be in flux for the time being while we build out new solutions that are easier to get running and contribute to as volunteer developers, and lack the technical debt that our current prototype exhibits.

I know it’s bummer news but we want to be up front that it’s possible we won’t be able to fix this any time soon. We’ll post here and in the above thread as we learn and know more, and develop new solutions.

4 Likes

oh, that’s unfortunate

I’m having this problem as well, haven’t been able to log in for a couple of weeks now

3 Likes

Yes, since most dev efforts are being redirect to a full rewrite of the codestack at the moment, sadly sorting out this issue would take a lot of energy for something that will probably very soon be out of date. We’ve tried a few fix in the past but none of those worked. Really sorry you’re having trouble to connect but hopefully the new backend infrastructure will remedy this. I don’t want to give you any heads up or timeline for this though, so please excuse us in the meantime…

2 Likes

oh ok! No worries!

1 Like

My understanding is that the problem here can’t be recreated on a local machine because of the complicated code stack. Once they can do so, the devs will be able to debug this issue and others more efficiently.

2 Likes

Anybody else having trouble logging in? I updated my artist profile and now it won’t let me login to listen.

I get this error message:

Forbidden - CSRF token invalid

2 Likes

Sadly our history with this issue can be found in the topic below and, up until we change course with the entirely new codestack (an overhaul of the integrality of the platform’s code that’s currently undergoing to switch to a more commonly used language), I’m afraid the problem will remain as we have very little ways to test it locally to do some bug hunting, and since it’ll be replaced soon, the focus is on other things.

Sorry I know it’s not the answer you expected, and we would have loved to be able to fix it!

2 Likes

it’s very disappointing… We’re gonna release a new double album soon and we won’t be able to upload it to Resonate since I can’t access our artists accounts since last September :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

I think for uploading music that might still be possible, right @remst8 ?

1 Like

sure, I guess I could submit via email and not through the online form, but then I still won’t be able to access my accounts and make updates and such

Yes, if your artist account was created before the transition off Wordpress (first week of August 2022), you can email the link to your submission folder to upload@resonate.coop and we’ll upload it.

If your artist account was created after the transition off Wordpress, we can’t upload your music because the Upload Dashboard can only see artist accounts created before then.

Some artists are hesitant to have us upload their music until they can log in to their accounts, which I think is perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

thanks, and indeed my artists accounts (two bands) predate the WP transition. Will submit via email then.

Hi there, I just joined now as an artist and bought some listening credits. I’m having the same issue as initially described above. I can neither log in to use those credits for listening, or upload music.

Is is possible to fix this?

Thanks

Hey @RapidoBear , unfortunately the answer is still the same. Product Development Update, October 2022

Right now the work is mostly done, it just needs to be tested and then approved by folks in leadership. However, we’re in the middle of About to Have Board Elections, as well as a bunch of administrative work that needs clarity and work, so this has taken a bit of a back seat. It’s all being done by volunteers right now, so thank you for bearing with Resonate!

3 Likes