🚧 Warning: Resonate Infrastructure In Flux Coming Week(s) [Effective Immediately]

Effective immediately, in the next weeks we’re going to be doing some major infrastructure updates that are necessary as part of our transition off our Wordpress. As a result we’ll be temporarily closing sign ups on the current website. We’ll post here to keep you all updated. We’re asking for your patience during this period, which will possibly involve broken links, broken sign-ups, and broken players. But it will simplify things significantly in the end, making an easier to maintain and build product.

This is part of a long running plan to transition our database off of Wordpress (though this will not complete this process, it will be a significant step). If you have any questions, please ask below, or DM any of the @maintainers .

Update Aug 16

Sign-ups are open again :tada: :fireworks: :raised_hands: .

Consider this a soft announcement while we iron out bugs in the system. If you notice anything, please report it on the Help Desk or if you’re familiar with GitHub, please report it here .

Update Sept 1

Uploads are once again available.

9 Likes

Exciting news! :rainbow:

2 Likes

I’m going to update discourse. The next step will be to move community.resonate.is to community.resonate.coop. Some disruptions are possible.

6 Likes

Exciting! @Sam_Martyn would you be able to help get an email blast going for this? Definitely something to email the members about.

2 Likes

Yea, that sounds great! I am working with @sganesh to make sure we have all of our members correctly added in zoho, since last time it seemed like there may have been some issues, but looking forward to getting things squared away there to start sending out more regular emails and posts about updates like this!

4 Likes

Thank you, Sam. :pray:t3:

2 Likes

This is great! :raised_hands:

I suppose this means uploading new music should be put on hold until the transition is complete? There’s a bit of a backlog I planned to take care of this weekend, but don’t want to accidentally drop those releases into the ether.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d hold off for now.

It’s my number one priority once we’re on an easier stack to make this easier for artists themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I have some notes/suggestions for some (presumably “easy”) adjustments to the dashboard that could make it a little easier for artists to self-serve. Where is the best place to share these thoughts? I’m guessing somewhere on Mattermost?

2 Likes

Yo that’s great @remst8. If on the forum, you could add them to this topic already on that theme: Fixing dashboard to be ready for artists

On Mattermost, you could try the Developers channel or create an uploads-theme channel if you feel that would be helpful for discussion. Those are my ideas!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Hakanto!

Considering the age of that forum topic, I think I’ll start with a post to the Mattermost Developers channel.

3 Likes

Hey all!

Sign-ups are open again :tada: :fireworks: :raised_hands: .

Consider this a soft announcement while we iron out bugs in the system. If you notice anything, please report it on the Help Desk or if you’re familiar with GitHub, please report it here.

Note: uploads are still on hold.

7 Likes

Uploads are no longer on hold!

2 Likes

Receiving reports that signup on Resonate is not working consistently at this time. If you have issues, reply here in the forum or on Github.

3 Likes

I went to update my two accounts (I have two bands) and both are getting the same errors, I can’t “finish login” and I can’t access my profiles.
Also, the last album I submitted in August has disappeared (it was there at some point), and some artwork won’t display as thumbnail when doing a search.

edit: missing album is available when clicking on the band’s pic, in Discography. It doesn’t appear in the search though.

3 Likes